Tuesday, 22 April 2025

60 Minutes executive producer leaves program over journalistic independence

Bill Owens says in staff memo ‘it has become clear that I would not be allowed to run the show as I have always run it’

Bill Owens, the executive producer of 60 Minutes, says he is leaving the flagship news program because he lost his journalistic independence.

In a staff memo obtained by the New York Times, Owens said that “over the past months, it has become clear that I would not be allowed to run the show as I have always run it, to make independent decisions based on what was right for 60 Minutes, right for the audience”.

Continue reading...

from World news | The Guardian https://ift.tt/9N3OlB4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Republican says Trump’s support of Ken Paxton in Texas primary was ‘colossal mistake’

Thom Tillis says Trump’s decision to back Paxton over John Cornyn has put the Senate seat at risk for Republicans US senator Thom Tillis on ...