Wednesday 10 July 2024

Australia news live: fire crews continue to battle Melbourne fire; Alice Springs curfew could be extended

Chemicals factory fire in Derrimut could burn for days; renewed violence in Northern Territory town could see restrictions continue. Follow the day’s news live

And welcome back to the Australia news live blog – many thanks for Martin for kicking things off for us. I’m Emily Wind, and I’ll take you through our rolling coverage this Thursday.

As always, you can get in touch via X, @emilywindwrites, or you can send me an email, emily.wind@theguardian.com, with any thoughts, tips or feedback. Let’s get started.

From a childhood that my wife described as ‘messing about in boats’, I have lived all my life in the ADF.

Continue reading...

from World news | The Guardian https://ift.tt/TLJ69ld

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch: Timelapse of supermoon rising over California

A supermoon lights up the sky across the world along with a rare partial lunar eclipse. from BBC News https://ift.tt/q37wglC