Wednesday 26 May 2021

There are two wolves inside me. One is a feminist. The other wants to be thin and beautiful | Leading questions

A lot of talk around body image is just about awareness, writes advice columnist Eleanor Gordon-Smith, and awareness and unlearning are very different steps

There are two wolves inside me. One is a feminist. The other wants to be thin and beautiful. I am so tired of being caught between them.

When I’m eating healthily, I feel good about my body; I can wear the clothes I love, I feel confident and attractive. But I dream of burgers and pizza, of baking cupcakes, whole milk and soft white bread fresh and warm from the oven, slathered in melting butter. And I feel guilty for being so pathetic as to deprive myself of these joys in the name of looking acceptable to a shallow, misogynist society.

Continue reading...

from World news | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3fTCzpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch: Timelapse of supermoon rising over California

A supermoon lights up the sky across the world along with a rare partial lunar eclipse. from BBC News https://ift.tt/q37wglC