Wednesday, 26 May 2021

There are two wolves inside me. One is a feminist. The other wants to be thin and beautiful | Leading questions

A lot of talk around body image is just about awareness, writes advice columnist Eleanor Gordon-Smith, and awareness and unlearning are very different steps

There are two wolves inside me. One is a feminist. The other wants to be thin and beautiful. I am so tired of being caught between them.

When I’m eating healthily, I feel good about my body; I can wear the clothes I love, I feel confident and attractive. But I dream of burgers and pizza, of baking cupcakes, whole milk and soft white bread fresh and warm from the oven, slathered in melting butter. And I feel guilty for being so pathetic as to deprive myself of these joys in the name of looking acceptable to a shallow, misogynist society.

Continue reading...

from World news | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3fTCzpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

California couple charged with child abuse in surrogacy scheme involving at least 21 children

Silvia Zhang and Guojun Xuan had 15 children, aged between two months to 13 years, removed from their home A California couple has been arre...