Thursday, 25 February 2021

Australia is the Covid lucky country. But we risk becoming cruel | Brigid Delaney

When you emerge relatively unscathed in a devastated world, there is a risk of being out of step, of lacking empathy

Most mornings, as soon I wake, I retrieve some voice messages left overnight on WhatsApp. Sent from friends in the Northern hemisphere, they are missives from the pandemic, a granular account of what daily life is like in lockdown over there.

For almost a year now, various friends and I record and send audio messages back and forth that contain the sort of ephemera that seems too slight and unimportant for email but satisfying to listen to in the morning as I have my first coffee.

Continue reading...

from World news | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Mtnv70

No comments:

Post a Comment

US trade regulator opens investigation into AI giants including Anthropic and OpenAI

FTC move is first official US enforcement ⁠action on rogue AI agents, following surge in incidents first reported in July The US’s main trad...