Thursday 25 February 2021

Australia is the Covid lucky country. But we risk becoming cruel | Brigid Delaney

When you emerge relatively unscathed in a devastated world, there is a risk of being out of step, of lacking empathy

Most mornings, as soon I wake, I retrieve some voice messages left overnight on WhatsApp. Sent from friends in the Northern hemisphere, they are missives from the pandemic, a granular account of what daily life is like in lockdown over there.

For almost a year now, various friends and I record and send audio messages back and forth that contain the sort of ephemera that seems too slight and unimportant for email but satisfying to listen to in the morning as I have my first coffee.

Continue reading...

from World news | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Mtnv70

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch: Timelapse of supermoon rising over California

A supermoon lights up the sky across the world along with a rare partial lunar eclipse. from BBC News https://ift.tt/q37wglC