Thursday 2 January 2020

In Mauritania, Imams take to Radio Waves to say Child Marriage is Against Islam

SELIBABI, Mauritania, Jan 02 (IPS) - "I refused to marry off my daughter for a simple, good reason: I want my daughter to be empowered," said Lemeima mint El Hadrami, 49. "I don't want her to go through the same difficulties I did when I was young." El Hadrami was married when she was only 13.

Read the full story, “In Mauritania, Imams take to Radio Waves to say Child Marriage is Against Islam”, on globalissues.org



from Global Issues News Headlines https://ift.tt/2ZR4EF5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ACCC sues Coles and Woolworths over allegations of ‘illusory’ discounts on common products

Competition watchdog alleges supermarkets briefly increased prices on hundreds of products before placing them in discount promotions Foll...