Tuesday 2 April 2019

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Why Isn't Functional Programming Taking Over?

Ask HN: Why Isn't Functional Programming Taking Over?
26 by elamje | 34 comments on Hacker News.
I have recently been enlightened by LISP, specifically Clojure, and I'm not sure if I can go back to OOP. After experiencing the joy of programming once again, I wonder why FP isn't widely adopted? I understand in startupland that Django and Rails are simple to learn and prototype, but why aren't big companies and others using FP as a main language more often? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch: View from above as Iran fires missiles towards Israel

Video footage filmed inside a plane on Tuesday night shows missiles launched from Iran. from BBC News https://ift.tt/7hHYscF